Senior Data Architect
Io-Tahoe is a smart data discovery product which enables organizations to discover data in lakes and relational data instances. We help enterprises trace data elements across their systems in spite of outdated metadata definitions. The product utilizes machine learning algorithms to dramatically increase the accuracy, intelligence and speed of learning of complex data elements and data relationships throughout the entire business environment.
Our product has been custom-built by a team with a deep understanding of data challenges, giving us first-hand insight and appreciation into our customers’ diverse and complex data needs.
Io-Tahoe’s market-leading Data Discovery platform allows business and technology users to easily find, understand and leverage the data within the organization.
We are globally distributed with 4 primary locations, New York, Kiev, Ukraine, Bangalore, India, Stains / London, UK.
How will This position make impact to Io-Tahoe
As a Senior Data Architect, you will perform a key management and thought leadership role in the areas of advanced data techniques, including data modeling, data discovery, data access, data integration, data visualization, text mining, statistical methods, database design and implementation.You will observe industry trends and development then develop and unveil sound technical recommendations to senior management.
Position reports to:
- New York, USA
You will be responsible for a wide range of activities including but not limited to:
- Design, solution and implement data architecture for data product
- Research new technologies and techniques
- Thought and organizational leadership
- Engage with cross-functional teams to implement solutions as part of Io-Tahoe’s product.
- Design modern architectures involving traditional and big data technologies
- Implement the solutions you design, also mentoring other members of the team
- Analyze source systems and design extract methodologies.
- Ensure compliance with the architecture
- Profile and analyze source system data
- Continue to learn Relational and Big Data methodologies and technologies, applying them to client implementations and overall product
- Build client relationships and participate in business development and proposal work
- 10+ years of experience as a Data Architect
- Master’s degree in IT/Computer Science/Mathematics/Statistics or a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience leading architectural and data decisions that promote partnership between several disparate product teams.
- Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle and agile development methodology.
- Experience with Big Data platforms and software like Hadoop, Apache Spark, HBase, HDFS, Map-Reduce, Pig, Hive, MongoDB.
- Experience with Hadoop frameworks such as Hortonworks and Cloudera.
- Experience with programming languages like Java, Python, Ruby, Matlab.
- Deep expertise in building cloud infrastructures like AWS, OpenStack, and Azure.
- Expertise in building communication channels between structured and unstructured database systems.
- Hands-on experience with large-scale data environments, capacity planning, performance tuning, and monitoring.
- Proficiency in architecting and delivering BI/EDW solutions.
- Strong analytical & programming skills as well as deep understanding of major RDBMS systems like Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server.
- Solid understanding of ETL architectures, data movement technologies and database concepts like Partitioning, Performance optimization.
- Possess skills and experience managing onsite/offshore team of size 10 or more in delivering Software development services.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with varying priorities, based on a team building culture.
What’s in it for you…
- A competitive compensation package
- The opportunity to develop unique data product in a rapidly expanding category
- The chance to be an early employee in a rapidly growing product company
- Ability to implement your ideas and differentiate yourself in the industry as an expert